Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lucid Dreaming



The first hobby I'm going to introduce is not a tough one. Everyone can try this at anytime. Even when you are reading this post. It is called lucid dreaming. What you have to do is just DREAM!!


However, you do not have to really lie down on your bed, sleep and wait to dream. Lucid dreaming is done in the state where you are actually aware that you are dreaming. This means that you can control what is going to happen! How cool is that!!


You just have to keep telling yourself that you want to be lucid and fully aware in your dreams. You are supposed to focus on something, be it an object, a scene or just anything you want to dream of. Then, you will realize that there is like a plain sheet of paper in front of you and you are free to create anything you want.


I am sure anyone can try this hobby as it does not create a hole in your pocket. Although this hobby sounds weird, it actually benefits those who tried. For instance, lucid dreaming requires intense focusing. Thus, it assists in our everyday life where high concentrations are needed.


Amazing fact about lucid dreaming is that, at this very moment, more than 11226 people are starting on this hobby! So let's try it out! Also, you guys can update me when you have tried. Happy Lucid Dreaming!!
 :​-)


Link:
http://www.discoverahobby.com/learnluciddreaming.htm

10 comments:

  1. This sure is a very unusual hobby. It definitely does not require any money and can while away our time on public transport. Perhaps you could add some information on how one can start this hobby or how to make this hobby more interesting, or some other useful details. Also, you may want to add the hyperlinks within the post to the evidence of some points in the post.
    Consider using a font colour that is easier for reading too.
    Have a blog roll of blog sites that are similar in nature to yours too.

    Ms Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I unknowingly have this hobby!
    I didnt even know it was considered a hobby hahha :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried this before. I think it's just like daydreaming (except that it's not only done during the day). It surely is interesting because it's like you dream what you want to dream. So obviously, you'll have a dream that's pleasant to you no matter what :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So it's kinda like day dreaming right? do you feel that if you really go into this kind hobby, will there be any detrimental effects like you day dream too much or at the wrong time?

    Sam ong

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I may just fall asleep upon doing Lucid dreaming. However this is so interesting. I think I have been doing this ever since I became a shopaholic. Thanks for sharing this hobby with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've ever tried this! closest thing to magic ever (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think this hobby is taking up most of the time in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I personally feel that dreaming is not a hobby but more of a pastime for me. But after reading your post, I think that it can be considered as a hobby as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I'm yet another person who doesn't know that this is a hobby even though I'm doing it like everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg sounds hard! very interesting. would luv to try but no time for intense focusing haha.

    ReplyDelete